CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

End of the 1st Quarter, Time for Dinner!

After the first quarter of the Jets-Ravens game, I realized two things: (1) the game was going to be ugly, real ugly; and (2) the toast and spinach dip was not going to cut it as a full meal (dinner time!).

Meal: dinner (Mon 9/13)
From: my fridge
Cost: [to me] FREE!
Location: my kitchen

I went back to my fridge in search of "dinner," this is what I found...

I found some left over steamed frozen vegetables [looked to be only about two days old] and some left over canned beans/mixed vegetables [I think from a dinner I had last week]. I threw them together and put them in the microwave for a couple of minutes.

I also found some brown rice someone had left in the fridge from a night or two before.

Courtesy of my girlfriend some Korean side dishes (assorted pancakes [seafood, kimchi, and mushroom]).

The vegetables tasted like crap, so I poured some oyster sauce on them, which made them only bearable.

I threw the various pancakes on top of the brown rice, all the grease from cooking them mixed with the rice was delicious.

Taste: the vegetables with the oyster sauce covering the heinousness was only acceptable, and the grease covered pancakes were the highlight of the meal, the brown rice just acted as additional filler.
Conclusion: a cheap and filling meal.

Drink: a can of Diet Dr. Pepper with ice.

Iron Man Edition!

Dessert: black cherry jello

I wanted something to finish my meal, I found some half eaten jello in my fridge, so I ate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment