CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Budget Breakfast (Filling Edition)

Meal: breakfast (Tue 9/14)
From: my fridge
Cost: [to me] FREE!
Location: my kitchen

Yesterday, one granola bar simply was not enough for breakfast. I am on morning dog walking duty these next two weeks, so I was up earlier than usual and had time to scrounge around the fridge for breakfast.

My dog, looking at some food I put on a table.
(NO! I did NOT eat my dog!)

I found a little cream cheese (reduced fat in case anyone cares) left in my fridge as well as an everything bagel. I threw the bagel in the toast (to get ride of the fridge induced moisture of course) then lathered it up with what was left of the cream cheese (leaving me with an empty container).

Toasted Everything Bagel with Cream Cheese
(I think the bagel was Costco)

Taste: the bagel had a nice aroma to it from the toasting. I liked everything on the everything bagel except some weird spice on it, but I got used to its taste after a few bites.
Conclusion: a filling breakfast to give me energy to get to lunch.

Drink: coffee with half & half and Sweet'N Low.
From: my office's communal kitchen
Cost: N/A
Location: Lower Manhattan

Undetermined brand of coffee that was left in the pot this morning at work (made by an intern).

No comments:

Post a Comment