CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Coworker's Birthday Cake (Wednesday)

Chocolate Cake with Black Cherry Filling

Meal: snack (Wed 9/1)
From: some deli around the corner from my office
Cost: N/A
Location: Lower Manhattan (near my office)

At my office if it is someone's birthday, we have cake. The past few coworker's birthdays we have had generic yellow cake with fruit from a Chinese bakery. I was happy to see something different. The chocolate cake part was pretty good, as was the top white frosting (under all the chocolate shavings). The side frosting was kind of hard and tasted like solid blocks of sugar. The black cherry filling had the consistency of jelly and was overly sweet. However, if you mixed it all together it was a decent enough cake.

Taste: decent enough.
Conclusion: I needed the sugar rush to make it to the end of the work day.

Drink: nothing, although I wish I had some milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment