CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pick 4 Things (Chinese stuff over rice)

Meal: dinner (Wed 9/8)
From: some Chinese "restaurant"
Cost: $3.75
Location: Chinatown

I got home from the gym, exhausted and starving. Unfortunately, there was nothing in the fridge, except for some 3 week old bread. So I decided to grab something quick and cheap in Chinatown... the dreaded pick 4 things. Basically, they give you a box with rice and they have trays with Chinese dishes and pick 4 of them that they plot in your box cafeteria style.

The Box

 
My Meal


Another View of My Meal

I got steamed mackerel, ground pork cake, fried tofu and pan fried Chinese vegetables.

Taste: the fact that I was starving and everything was extra greasy meant it tasted very good.
Conclusion: even for Chinese for this is cheap. I am not sure of the true nutritional value, but I was starving and this is the fastest and cheapest food I can get and I bet it is still healthier than American fast food.

Drink: free soup that comes with the meal.

Soup
(I think it was just vegetable broth.)

No comments:

Post a Comment