CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ham and Cheese w/ Sriracha?

Meal: lunch (Thu 9/9)
From: my fridge
Cost: less than $2
Location: my kitchen

I am really trying to save money right now, at least until the end of the month. Therefore, today was yet another sandwich from home day. Yesterday I had a ham and cheese sandwich... today I was going to have another, but I wanted to change it up a bit. A friend suggested I try putting Sriracha (chili hot sauce) instead of mustard. To be on the safe side I put Sriracha on one side and good old light mayonnaise on the other. As usual I lightly toasted the bread to get out the moister accumulated from being stored in the fridge. I then added two slices of American cheese and put ample amounts of ham.

My Sandwich

Materials
-Boiled Ham (Target house brand)
-American Cheese (Kraft "Singles")
-Wholewheat Bread (Arnold's "Soft")
-Light Mayonnaise (Hellman's)
-Sriracha (Huy Fong)

Taste: not bad, not bad at all. The Sriracha gives it a nice kick to change the flavor and make it less bland, although the texture remains the same as my sandwich from yesterday.
Conclusion: Sriracha is an easy way to make my sandwiches not taste all the same.


Drink: a nice cold can of Coke Zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment