CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Does Coffee = A Snack?

I am not sure whether or not coffee qualifies as a meal, but I guess moving forward I will also start to catalog what I drink with my meal as well as drinks that are more than just water (I drink a lot of water, if you have not noticed).

Drink: "Iced" Coffee with Half & Half and Splenda (Tue afternoon 9/7)
From: Starbucks
Cost: "free"
Location: Lower Manhattan (near my office)

The word "Iced" is in quotation marks because this coffee is only cold because it has been sitting in a refrigerator for god knows how long. I noticed this morning in the office fridge today there was one of those large containers of Starbucks coffee along with large clear plastic cups of milk and half & half. I know there was a late meeting at my office on Friday, so I can only guess this was left over. I have been trying to drink less coffee in the morning and only some in the afternoon if I am dragging. Although, I do down the occasional cup first thing in the morning if I really need it. Around 4:30pm I started yawning uncontrollably, so I figured it was some time for some coffee. I was too lazy to start a new pot, as what remained in the pot probably was going to be really gross since it was sitting there since this morning. I figured I'd pour some coffee from the container in the fridge and add some half and half and sweetener and I would be good to go... and I was RIGHT!

Starbucks Coffee


Taste: this taste better than the crappy Dunkin' Donuts Coffee we normally make at the office.
Conclusion: damn this really hit the spot, despite sitting in the fridge for days it tasted infinitely better than drinking coffee from the pot that has been sitting around for 5 plus hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment