CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Second to last protein bar...

Meals: snack (Tue 9/28)
From: Target
Cost: $2 (plus tax) for a box of 4 bars
Location: Queens

After lifting on Tuesday, I realized I had a protein bar in my gym bag. I also knew that I had to cook (not just microwave) dinner and I needed something to temporarily stave off my hunger, so I ate it.

"Chocolate Chocolate Chip"

Taste: I bet if I ate these bars not after working out they would be horrendous.
Conclusion: after I eat the last bar I will not buy anymore. I read this scary article about the longterm health side effects from the overconsumption of protein (e.g. regular protein powder use). I have not used any protein supplements (aside from the occasional protein bar) in quite some time. When I used to drink shakes made from protein powder it was exclusively after lifting weights. I do not know if they really had enough of an effect to risk the potential longterm health risks, so I am off the stuff for good. Plus that crap can get expensive.

Drink: lots of water

No comments:

Post a Comment