CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lazy Dinner and the Yankees WIN!

Meal: dinner (Tue 9/14)
From: my fridge
Cost: $0 [I hope this keeps up!]
Location: my kitchen

After eating my protein bar I decided to look around in my fridge for dinner options. I found some Chinese vegetable. There was a big bag full of them. I have no idea how long they were in the fridge, but a lot of them had turned yellow and looked potentially inedible. After discarding the cleared inedible pieces I washed and boiled the rest.
The non-yellow pieces came out looking pretty decent.

I found a raw chicken thigh and decided to lather it up with sweet chilli sauce and throw it in the oven. I figured since the chicken would probably take a long time to cook I should take my vegetables with me and see what was on TV. Lucky for me the Yankees-Rays game was still on, tied 7-7 in the 7th inning. I poured some oyster sauce on the vegetables and ate them. While waiting for my chicken to cook I watched the game continue into the 9th inning and still tied.

The chicken came out great, I love that sweet chilli sauce.

As I started eating the chicken I saw the Yankees take the lead in the 10th inning with a pinch hit home run. By the time I had finished my chicken the Yankees had won with an impressive game ending throw out at 3rd base of one of baseball's fastest players.

Taste: the vegetables with the oyster sauce was delicious and the chicken with sweet chilli sauce was even better.
Conclusion: the protein bar I ate earlier in the evening was only 200 calories but was pretty filling, so the stack of vegetables and one piece of chicken was enough for me.

Drink: a can of Coke Zero with ice (no need to worry I recycle all my cans). (Do you know why aluminum recycling is awesome for the environment? If not read THIS)

No comments:

Post a Comment