CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Monday, September 13, 2010

Same lunch with a twist.

Meal: lunch (Mon 9/13)
From: my fridge
Cost: cost to me less than $1
Location: my kitchen

After a relatively expensive weekend (notwithstanding the 20 pairs of Hanes brand socks I purchased for $0.50), I needed to go back to my money saving roots. Another cheese and cold cut sandwich was in my future. I found some lettuce in my fridge, to make the sandwich a little "healthier" and I poured on sriracha sauce to give it some kick/favor, and maybe even burn off some taste buds so I could not taste the usual blandness. Thanks to a Costco run on Thursday I had some more cheese options than normal. I decided to go with swiss cheese, I was sick of yellow American cheese, the the exact opposite (white cheese with holes created by a neutral nation vs. yellow cheese without holes created by a "not so neutral" nation) would hopefully be a nice change.



Ample amounts of sriracha (chili) sauce.
(As I usually do, I lightly toasted the bread to eliminate all fridge induced moisture.)

Swiss Cheese Please!

The Finished Product

Taste: it was pretty good, the lettuce some how made it a different sandwich that I have been eating in the last few weeks.
Conclusion: next time I need to put less sriracha sauce, or cut it with something, as my mouth was burning for several minutes afterwards. But the sandwich taste good, we will see if I get heart burn later.

Drink: a nice cold can of Coke Zero.

Yes, I do have a snap on top to keep in the fizzy...

No comments:

Post a Comment