CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Friday, September 3, 2010

Cheap Lunch From Home

I needed to save some money for this weekend so I bought lunch to work today.

Ham and cheese sandwich with spicy mustard on wholewheat bread.

Meal: lunch (Fri 9/3)
From: my fridge
Cost: unable to be determine (I paid less than $3 for a loaf of bread and a bottle of mustard, but the cheese and ham were in my fridge already.)
Location: my kitchen

I bought the bread and spicy mustard from Target, the cheese was from Costco, and I think the ham came from A&P supermarket.

The cheese was pepper jack and the ham was your standard boiled ham cold cut. I had to lightly toast the bread, because it had been sitting in the fridge for a while and was getting a little moist. 2 slices of cheese and 4 slices of over-sized ham = just enough to get me through the end of the work day.

Taste: only acceptable because I think I spoiled myself with delicious food for lunch this week.
Conclusion: an adequate cheap meal so I can save money for using doing the long weekend.

Drink: a can of diet Pepsi, I was going to save it for later, but my office water cooler was out of water and the water cooler guy is not coming until later today...

No comments:

Post a Comment