CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Olive Oil Mayo?

Meal: lunch (Wed 9/15)
From: my fridge
Cost: Free!
Location: my kitchen

I am still trying to save some money, so I went with a 'from-home' sandwich for lunch. After two consecutive days of srichacha sauce I decided to try something different. I found some mayonnaise with olive oil added, so I decided to give it a try.

Ingredients
-7 thin slices of turkey
-2 slices of pepper jack cheese
-mayonnaise with "built-in" Olive Oil
-2 large pieces of lettuce
-2 slices of organic sour dough bread (as usual slightly toasted to eliminate any fridge induced moisture)

The bread was much larger than the normal soft wholewheat bread I use so I had to cut it in half to make it manageable enough to eat.

A Closer Look

Taste: the whole thing was really good. The olive oil was not too over powering, just a hint of flavor. I was able to actually taste the cheese and turkey today. The bread was also a nice change, the texture was completely different than what I used for the other sandwiches I have eaten this week.
Conclusion: sometime a little different and very good.

Drink: a can of Coke Zero.

Coke Zero (football edition?)

No comments:

Post a Comment