CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Monday, September 27, 2010

Mexican food at La Palapa.

Meal: dinner (Sat 9/25)
From: La Palapa (a Mexican restaurant)
Cost: split to $38/person after tax/tip (lots of alcohol increased the bill)
Location: St. Mark's Place (Manhattan)

I went out to a friend's birthday dinner with a bunch of people.

Unfortunately the interior of the restaurant was really dark so the picture did not come out so well, but I assure you the lamb shank I had was freak awesomely amazing!

Barbacoa de Cordero al Chile Ancho Estilo Catalina
(barbecued lamb shank braised with chile ancho and avocado leaves, guacamole, black beans, red tomato rice)

I also had (sorry no pictures):
Guacamole y Salsa con Totopos
(pico de gallo, guacamole, housemade spiced corn chips)

Taste: everything tasted great!
Conclusion: the food was very good, it was a nice change of pace for me.

Drink: we ordered several pitchers of pomegranate and mango margaritas, and of course I had some water.

No comments:

Post a Comment