CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Friday, September 24, 2010

I "made" Dinner

Meal: dinner (Thu 9/23)
From: my fridge
Cost: sunk cost > $0
Location: my kitchen

I got back from the gym starving (some one talked me into doing box jumps...). However, I had already planned to cook dinner, so I did. I had a big thing of broccoli that probably needed to be cooked sooner rather than later, due to potential spoilage.

Not frozen broccoli... it looks different than the frozen kind...

I found half of a Spanish onion in my fridge and some peeled garlic, so I chopped them up.
Onions and Garlic

I threw the broccoli, onions, garlic and some soft tofu into a big pan. I threw some water in it and covered. After I let it "steam" for a while I left the water boil off then fried it up a little and threw some salt and pepper on it.
My Vegetable Dish

KALBI!!!

So when my girlfriend went on her cooking binge last weekend at my house she also marinated some kalbi for me (Korean BBQ beef). Here are some of the pictures of her preparing the kalbi:

I mashed up some garlic my girlfriend used in the marinade.


Costco sells the right kind of meat to use for making kalbi, and for 'cheap'.

Just look at that marbleization!

Okay flash back to Thursday night: I put the well marinated beef onto pans and put them in the broiler...

Flame Broiled!!!

I made one batch, obviously so I would have extra for Friday's lunch!

They might not look like much but... DELICIOUS!

Time to Eat

My first serving...

My second serving!

Taste: the kalbi was excellent and I managed to cook it just the way I like it. The broccoli dish came out better than I had hope, not overcooked!
Conclusion: I LOVE KALBI!

Drink: several large glasses of ice water.

No comments:

Post a Comment