CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Pu Pu Platter of Leftovers

Meal: dinner (Wed 10/6)
From: my fridge
Cost: (to me) free
Location: my kitchen

I got home from the gym and I was absolutely starving. Fortunately for me there was some food already made, and other food that could be quickly prepared.


There was still some Chinese soup from yesterday, already warmed too. So I grabbed a bowl of that. There were some Korean pancake pieces conveniently defrosted, so I just had to pan fry them a little.



There was some pork neck with tofu stew, which has also been defrosted, so I just needed to heat it up a little. I also found some brown rice and Chinese sausage from the night before, a minute in the microwave was all it needed.

Taste:
-Chinese Soup: decent to okay (nothing special).
-Korean Pancakes: okay (might have been better if they had not been in the freeze for 3 weeks).
-Pork Neck with Tofu Stew: barely acceptable (I later found out that I apparently forgot to add soy sauce and salt, which might account for the lack of flavor, I will try again for Thursday night's dinner).
-Brown Rice with Chinese Sausage: okay to good (last night it was good, one night in the fridge did not help the cause).

Conclusion: I need to plan my meals out a little better.

Drink: ice water
Dessert: I had a large bowl of green seedless grapes, but I forgot to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment