CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lunch from Au Bon Pain...

Meal: lunch (Wed 10/13)
From: Au Bon Pain
Cost: less than $7
Location: Lower Manhattan

I decided I wanted to be all fancy and stuff so I went to Au Bon Pain to grab a sandwich for lunch. Actually here is the truth:
(1) I woke up kind of late so I did not really have time to pack lunch;
(2) even if I had woken up earlier I would have seriously considered no packing lunch because it is pretty depressing to eat lame cold cuts on crappy wheat bread (it is even more depressing knowing that I force myself to eat such crap because it is simply too much trouble to plan ahead and pack a more substantial lunch);
(3) my buddy who I usually eat Checkers with decided instead of going to lunch he was going to take a nap in his office (LAME!); and
(4) my girlfriend directed me to Au Bon Pain's website which had a link for a printable coupon for a free coffee travel mug (a $2.99 value).

So I set off to Au Bon Pain to get my free plastic coffee mug and maybe grab a sandwich. Actually I saw an ad on their website for a new Chipotle Chicken Sandwich (with bacon), and I was pretty set on getting it.

Honestly, the sandwich tasted a lot better than it looked, it was all warm and delicious. 

The allure of free stuff... here are some pictures of my free plastic travel cup:

Taste: the sandwich was down right tasty, just wish it was a little bigger.
Conclusion: the free travel mug got me to buy the sandwich, I'll probably be hungry later, at least price wise the sandwich was about the same as my other options, on the bright side I will not be sleepy later from a food induced coma.

Drink: a cold can of Coke Zero (that I brought to the office from home, yes I am a cheap man).

No comments:

Post a Comment