CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Pork Neck Stew and Ramen

Meal: dinner (Wed 11/3)
From: my freezer
Cost: N/A
Location: my kitchen

Sitting in my freeze was a container of pork neck stew. So the night before I put it in the fridge to defrost. When I got back from the gym on Wednesday evening it had pretty much thawed and was ready for a little recooking. I put it in a pot with some water and let it simmer for a while. I added some salt and soy sauce, as apparently that was the missing ingredient the last time I had this dish.

I needed something extra so I put in 2 packets of instant ramyun (korean instant noodles) because I figured I could split the stew into 2 meals. After it was all cooked up I put half of it away for a later meal.


Taste: it was actually pretty decent, I was pleasantly surprised.
Conclusion: soy sauce and salt did their jobs.

Drink: ice water (Brita filtered).

No comments:

Post a Comment