CURRENT FOOD CRAVING: medium rare rib-eye steak... [Sunday, February 9, 2014, 10:51 p.m.]

Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving Dinner (long overdue)

THANKSGIVING

After lunch my brother decided he wanted to make some mini pecan pies.


My dad was in China over thanksgiving and my family has not done a big thanksgiving since I went back to school in 2006. We used to do giant Thanksgiving dinners with 30 people. This year we opted to do a small one with me, my mom, my aunt and my brother at a restaurant.

Meal: Thanksgiving Dinner
From: Jane Restaurant
Location: 100 West Houston Street
Cost: Prefix $45/head

After we ordered they brought corn bread and some kind of corn thing (tasted like corn nuts).
(Taste: GOOD!)

For my appetizer I went with the butternut squash soup (it had pine seeds and apples in it)
I also ended up eating half of my aunt's and mom's appetizer, gnocchi with white parmesan cheese and truffle sauce.
(Taste: absolutely amazing, the soup was great, not too sweet and the gnocchi was REALY REALY GOOD!)




Based on the assumption that I would end up eating half of my mom's and my aunt's dinners, I opted for the untraditional pork chops (with mash potatoes and caramelized onions).
(Taste: GOOD, the caramelized onions were really good)

The Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner: turkey, gravy, sweet potatoes and artichokes.
(Taste: okay to good)

Pumpkin Pie (with fresh whipped cream)
(Taste: GREAT! The fresh whipped cream really made this great.)


I also tried some of my brother's chocolate bread pudding, it was too chocolaty for me...

Conclusion: although it was at a restaurant, it was a good civil Thanksgiving dinner.







No comments:

Post a Comment